Transferring your epub to an iPad (or iPod, or iPhone):
- Once you’ve downloaded the book, find it on your hard drive.
- Drag the ebook file to the tray at the left hand of the iTunes window. Aiming for the “Books” icon will do you well, though the whole section will work, too. This will automatically add the ebook to your iTunes library. Click the Book menu to make sure this has happened.
- Sync your iPad/iPhone/iPod. Depending on your sync settings, the ebook may automatically be added to your iPad. If not, you may have to go to the “Books” tab in the iPad management screen and check the box next to the new book.
- Once the ebook is synced to your iPad, read it by going to the iBooks app and tapping on the icon for the new book on the bookshelf.
Transferring to the Kindle Via Your Computer
You can download mobi versions of eBooks to your computer, and then transfer them across to your Kindle.
- Download the .mobi or .prc version of the ebook.
- Plug your Kindle into your computer using a USB cable. It will mount as a filesystem.
- Drag the mobi file into the documents folder on the Kindle
- Then unmount the Kindle.. (Kindle 1 owners: you’ll also need to unplug the USB cable to get your Kindle back into book-reading mode. Kindle 2 owners can leave the cable connected)
Please note that you can’t load books into the Kindle Application on the desktop using email, you have to transfer the file to the computer then open it with the application.